Tuesday, October 16, 2012

ch-ch-ch-Changes

It's been a long time, Blog. We've got a lot of catching up to do... No there is too much. Let me sum up.

I met a wonderful man. He asked me to marry him. We bought a house. Went to Hawaii for 3 weeks on our honeymoon and I am now a step mom to 2 awesome kids. My life has changed dramatically (in great ways) and I am only now, 4 months later, feeling somewhat adjusted. Things are so good.

Enough of that personal life stuff. Let's talk art! I'll be posting every week various projects that I've worked on over the last 8 months. I'd like to post more often, but let's be realistic. 

So, let's start with this... Highlights High Five's March 2012 issue. This was my second 'That's Silly!' spread for the magazine. I have done 4 in total so far since last year. They are so fun.

I tried a different approach to this one by cleaning up my final sketch and taking it straight into Photoshop to color over. I usually block everything in Illustrator first and then finish up in PS.




Have a great week everybody. There will be more to come soon... promise :-)

4 comments:

Oleksandr Baranov said...

Great you're back. I love your work.

Mai Kemble said...

first of all, congratulations on your marriage! :)
and also, welcome back and love the spread!!!!
:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,

Your stuff is great! Congratulations on your marriage :)!

Theresa King (Brown)

acte gratuit said...

Yay! Welcome back!!!