Monday, March 15, 2010

LA Times


I got a call a couple months ago from the LA Times asking if I'd illustrate a story for the 'Kids' Reading Room' section of the newspaper. I took the opportunity to experiment a bit with this illo. I tried some different Photoshop brushes and attempted to give the piece more of a 'chalk pastel' feel. I like how it came out and want to keep working with some of these textures in the future. Oh, and I can't forget to shout out a BIG thank you to my good friend Marilyn Scott-Waters for referring me!

Here is a link to the Kids' Reading Room on the LA Times website.

2 comments:

Goomie said...

Hi Katie, I nominated you for a Sunshine Award!

MrBibleHead said...

Hey Katie, I've been having a blast scrolling through your blog and website! You have some amazing stuff here. Like the chalk/pastel look. God bless.